Friday, May 28, 2010

And BABY makes 5!

Maybe its wrong?.... NOPE THEY CANT ALL BE WRONG !!

OK FROM THE BEGINNING...
on May 12th the day I usually get a visit from the dreaded "aunt", I was feeling a little off and knew something was up. I had hoped that maybe after I got home from work she would show... NOPE.... (if any male is reading this... SORRY) So I called my sister who was working til 8 and asked if she cold bring me a test when she got off work, in hopes that I would not have to bring this up to Will until completely necessary. For those of you who know Will as Mr. Calm, Cool & Collected.... that's not entirely the case!

Anyways, so my sister gets there and tells Will that shes just there dropping off a piece of tile for me to decorate and we quickly hurry to the back.... the first result was positive after Kerri shook it vigorously... which is when I begin to have a meltdown and she is jumping for joy (I wanted to hit her).

She notices quickly that I am not sharing her excitement and says "Well I did shake it and the box says not to do that, so take another, maybe I messed it up." So, I took another.... 2 LINES AGAIN...

At this point she starts planning the next ten years of my child's life and is so excited she can hardly stand while I am silently repeating "oh,crap-oh,crap-oh,crap" Then she says "What are you going to say to Will?" AGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! I forgot about him ! He's sitting in the living room watching the Braves game completely content. I end all discussion with Kerri and say you gotta leave! (Thank God she loves me so much bc I just used her for the tests and threw her out! What are sisters for anyways :p )

So I go into the living room and sit down and Will decides all of the sudden to get up and go wash dishes (a phenomenon I would not usually protest) So I said "hey can you come back over here and sit down?" He then follows with "Well I just got up to wash the dishes..." at this point I just want to break the news so I say (not very nice) "JUST COME HERE!" and the pullout one of the tests....

This is where I wished I had a video camera...

As soon as I pulled it out to show him he covered his eyes... and said "ahhhh, what am I looking at here" in his nervous tone. I said "JUST LOOK" and then beads of sweat started pouring down his face.

We then decided to go buy more tests at 10 pm just to make sure the first brand didn't have a defect.
After the FOURTH Positive, we surrendered......

I have been to one doctors appointment to confirm the pregnancy in which she said was the fastest result she'd ever seen.... and then began overwhelming me with things I cant have and do.....

We are now past the shock and EXCITED. This was definitely a surprise, and a little soon but we are excited and scared out of our minds all at the same time!

We went to the doctor again today for an ultrasound and to see the heartbeat!! Pretty cool! Everything is looking good !

No comments:

Post a Comment